Friday 19 April 2013

A to Z: Queen

No, not THE Queen, Queen the legendary band. I've enjoyed the tunes of Queen for many a year. It's just some real feel good music, and sing a long very loudly music. Somebody to Love is my personal favourite, however I am partial to Don't Stop Me Now. I do love a good Queen song. This post is a celebration of music that will last forever, or at least many, many years. There's a lot of oldies, but I love them.


The Beatles.
Yet another legendary band. Here's my favourite, She Loves You. Close runner up is Twist and Shout. I very nearly put it, but she loves you is, now this is really a feel good song.. it's the beat that does it..



The Beach Boys


Elvis Presley.
I was debating between Jailhouse Rock and Blue Suede Shoes. Jailhouse Rock won, but only just.



Going along slightly with Elvis, another favourite type of music of mine is Rock and Roll. You just can't go wrong with it. Whether it's Little Richard, Bill Haley and the Comets, Chuck Berry, Chubby Checker and so on.
But I'm going with Great Balls of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis. (although I do love Let's Twist again by Chubby Checker)


To end, Michael Jackson. Obviously. I'm an 80s girl at heart.
However, I'll be different and go for a 70's. Here we have a Jackson 5 one:



There are so many more to talk about, but i can't talk about them all, otherwise you'll get really bored. I'll tell you a few more favourites: Bon Jovi, Elton John and Phil Collins.

What are your favourite songs?

2 comments:

  1. You know, growing up my mom listened to the 'Oldies' station and that is what I grew up on...along with her second husband's choice music -old classic rock. Mix that in with my music of the 90's and today...and I guess you could say I'm a very eclectic music lover. Music has changed where once it united people. Today I feel it seperates us...or perhaps people just aren't as accepting of the choices? What are you thoughts on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, thank you for sifting through a very video-heavy post.
      My dad was more of an AC/DC and Pink Floyd fan, so I got a lot of that, and my mum was more Bon Jovi and so on. I do find it funny that I grew up in the 90s yet don't think much of that music. Saying that, I did like a bit of 5ive and N*snyc, and Boyzone, and westlife. Yeah, maybe mroe than I like to say.
      I agree actually, if you listen to music that isn't part of todays charts people will think you're weird. Or if your friends listen to, say, heavy metal yet you listen to the charts, they'll think you're weird and have awful music taste.
      I do think there's one thing about music that draws groups of people together. It's Justin Bieber. He's like marmite- you either love or hate him, and people band together in groups on either side. Funny that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...